Thursday, June 23, 2011

CooCoo Interview: Terri Thompson

The woman behind My Creative Pathway blog is sharing with us today about creativity, children, jobs and other things. Terri Thompson shares about her journey to living a more creative life on a daily basis. Her quotes, wisdom, and positive way of viewing life is what caught my attention the first time I visited her blog. Since then I've returned various times to enjoy all that she has to share about.

Recently she took her journey even further and started My Creative Family. A blog for children and parents. There you could find crafts, food, inspiration, book reviews, and many other ideas that are thrifty, fun and kid-friendly. If you love the interview as much as I do, be sure to leave a comment to let us know your thoughts.


You share a lot of inspirational quotes and then inspire others to take action. Who are the most inspirational people in your life and why?
There are so many inspirational people in my life that it's hard to narrow down the list! One of the biggest inspirations is my husband. He truly believes that I can succeed in anything I try. This belief inspires me to try my best and show him that he's right! I'm also inspired by my two girls. They help me see the joy in the little things around me.

What would be your advice for someone that has never tried something "artistic" before, but would like to explore the that world? Where should they start?
My advice would be to not be scared. Everyone has a bit of an artist in them. Find something that peaks your interest and go for it. You don't have to be an expert and you don't have to share it with the world. If there is a technical skill or term you are unsure of, Google it. I've found a lot of help on YouTube while learning how to sew.

Being a mommy, what is your advice on raising creative children (for mommy's and mothers-to-be)?
My advice would be to let them discover their creativity on their own. Teach them skills and guide them, but don't do everything for them. I've been amazed at some of the things by girls come up with when I give them blank paper and paint. Free play is also important. Nothing fosters their creativity more.  As a parent, you can also learn a lot about creativity when you really listen to the stories your children come up with when given an empty cardboard box or a laundry basket.

You claim to have done a lot of creative things. What creation are you the most proud of? Tell us about it.
Wow! I don't think I can choose just one thing. I think I'm most proud when I accomplish something that started out as idea and then I designed, planned, executed and finished. Sometimes it's a piece of artwork or a new creation in the kitchen. Other times, it's a craft project for my girls. A lot of times, it's a blog post, my biggest project yet!

You have briefly written about changing jobs. What would you advice someone that is considering it?
My advice would be that if you want to change jobs, do it. Don't waste too much time in a situation you hate. There is always another option. Keep your eyes and ears open and your resume polished so when that perfect opportunity presents itself, you'll be ready. Never, ever give up on yourself or your abilities.


What did you learn from this interview? Let us know with a comment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CooCoo Interview = series of interviews with people that inspires in a creative way. Every Thursday there will be 1 person that will answer 5 questions concerning them and their inspirations with some advice here and there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...