Monday, October 31, 2011

DIY Earring Organizer



There is a first time for everything. Including the first time I do my own DIY. This is a solution I found for my earring collection and I can't wait to hear what you all think!

You know the problem, you might be having it yourself: Many great earrings, but no time to sort, untangle and match all of them before running out of the door. So you end up wearing the same earrings every day. I have seen different tutorials on how to do this, but they all required drilling through the wall. Something I cannot get done easily (long story).


After thinking about it long enough, I decided to hang up a knitted piece on my closet. Here's what you will need:

  • A (basic) knitted piece - Here is a video on how to do the basic stitch
  • Nails 
  • Hammer
  • Wood surface/closet


The first step is to measure the space where you are going to hang the fabric. Be sure to stretch it out properly so you don't end up with a loose hanging fabric. If you need to, you can mark the places where you want your nails to go with a pencil.

Now it is time to start hammering.



Do one half first, then measure if it looks right before putting in the other nails.



Hang the fabric up and organize your earrings. Voila! You got yourself an easy earring organizer. Doesn't the earrings look better when organized?



No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...