Saturday, August 27, 2011

Never Give Up!

Never give up.
Photo credit: Rebeca Cygnus
After a plan fails, it is so easy to give up and never try again. This is actually what most people do after a disappointment. These people are not aware of the fact that the average entrepreneur fails two to three times before succeeding.

Failing Forward: Turning Mistakes into Stepping Stones for SuccessWhile spending some time reminiscing things that I have experienced in my life, I have realized the importance of not giving up. Somehow every great thing that I achieved came to a point where I was just about to give up. A point where it seems like everything fell through and it was not worth trying anymore. The good thing is that a while back I read a book called Failing Forward: Turning Mistakes into Stepping Stones for Success by John C. Maxwell. This book has completely changed my outlook on life. After reading it I passed it on to a friend, but luckily I found some of the quotes on a blog called Twice The Work.

A quote that I wanted to share was "If you always do what you've always done, then you will always get what you've always gotten." This is where creativity steps in. The quote is not an unfamiliar one, yet it is something all of us does more than often. So please take some time today, think of at least one thing in your life that you are not succeeding at and try to find a creative way to change it.


Here are some other quotes I loved about the book:

"Ninety percent of all those who fail are not actually defeated. They simply quit."                     Paul J. Meyer
"The fight to take responsibility occurs within. And rarely does talent, intelligence, or opportunity make the difference in whether a person wins that battle. It calls for character."    John Maxwell
"Sooner or later we get just what we expect."                                                                             Unknown

If you have not read the book as yet, I suggest you buy it and read it. Your outlook on life will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HyperSmash
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...